Sunday, July 6, 2008

BUGS & KISSES TRI FOLD CARD

Here is a tri fold card that I did at a workshop. Brenda. my wonderful upline did a similar one which was my inspiration for this one. This a great fold and once you get the hang of it, it's really easy. Below are two pictures: the first is of the card closed and the second is of it opened.

The bug on the left is seen through the opening when the card is closed. The dimensions of my trifold card are 4 1/4" x 11" (which is simply cutting a standard 8 1/2" x 11" piece of card stock in half the long way). I then score the paper at 4 1/4", so there is a long rectangle to the left and a 4 1/4" square section to the the right. I find it easiest to fold on the score line and then line up the left edge with the crease to make the next fold, if you prefer you could find the mid point of the larger rectangular section and score the paper to make the fold. I used the slit punch to close the card by doing this the ribbon can be omitted or tied differently. If you have any questions feel free to write/call/leave a comment and I will get back to you. I am better at showing than telling :) Also, I will try to upload some other examples of cards using this fold once we are settled in Hawaii.


Card Details
Card Stock Dimensions (pre-fold): 4 1/4"x 11"
Stampsets: Think Happy Thoughts, Bugs & Kisses, Flannel Plaid
Card Stock: Very Vanilla, Really Rust, Mellow Moss
Ink: Really Rust, Basic Grey, So Saffron
Accessories: Mellow Moss Ribbon, 1 3/8" Circle Punch, 1" Circle Punch, Scallop Circle Punch, Slit punch, dimensionals

No comments: